Kenneth Cole’s Vote to Exist Terms & Conditions
To share your artwork/design with Kenneth Cole Productions, Inc. (“KCP”), consider our election season message and create an original piece of artwork (illustration, graphic design, or animation) that speaks to that message, and then tag @kennethcole and we will pick our favorites.
By sharing your artwork with us, you (a) represent and warrant that your artwork is wholly your original and unpublished work and you own the copyright to the artwork/design, and (b) grant permission, without limitation, for KCP, its licensees, and its third party partners (including, without limitation, the Council of Fashion Designers of America, Inc. (CFDA), Civic Alliance, Vote Early Day, I am a voter, TurboVote, College Fashionista, and Civics Center), to display online or otherwise use the artwork/design you shared, and in KCP’s, KCP’s licensees’, and KCP’s third party partners’ advertising and marketing, without notice or compensation to, or permission from, you (as more fully described below).
Your artwork/design may not contain, as determined by us, in our sole discretion, any content that:
- is sexually explicit or suggestive; unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic;
- promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message;
- is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group;
- appears to duplicate any other submitted artwork/designs;
- defames, misrepresents or contains unfairly disparaging remarks about KCP, its products or services, or other people or companies;
- contains trademarks, logos, or trade dress owned by others, in a manner that infringes a trademark owner’s rights;
- contains copyrighted materials owned by others without permission to the extent permission is necessary;
- contains materials embodying the names or other indicia identifying any person, such as personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead;
- communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which KCP wishes to associate; and/or
- violates any law.
Your artwork/design must be an original work of yours, may not have been previously published, may not have won previous awards, and must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity.
By sharing your artwork/design, you hereby grant permission for the entry to be posted on the KCP page on Facebook and/or KCP’s social media websites, including Instagram and Twitter, and used in KCP’s and KCP’s licensees’ advertising and marketing (as more fully described below) including, but not limited to, on KCP’s website and in the window of KCP’s flagship retail store in New York, as well as on KCP’s third party partners’ (which may include the Council of Fashion Designers of America, Inc. (CFDA), Civic Alliance, Vote Early Day, I am a voter, TurboVote, College Fashionista, and Civics Center) owned and operated websites and digital channels, including, but not limited to, social media channels and email blasts.
By sharing your artwork/design, you agree that you shall grant KCP, its licensees, and its third party partners (including, without limitation, the Council of Fashion Designers of America, Inc. (CFDA), Civic Alliance, Vote Early Day, I am a voter, TurboVote, College Fashionista, and Civics Center) a non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully paid-up license to reproduce and otherwise use your artwork/design (including all rights embodied therein) for any purpose whatsoever without compensation or further permission from, or notification to, you, including, but not limited to, an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide right, in any and all media (now known or later developed) to assign, use, publish, edit, adapt, modify, alter, reproduce, distribute, display, create derivative works or otherwise exploit entries, including the names and likenesses embodied therein, for commercial or non-commercial use, including, but not limited to, in advertising produced by KCP. You further agree to execute any specific consent needed or requested by KCP or its affiliates in furtherance of such use and not to use the artwork/design for any commercial purposes.
By sharing your artwork/design, you agree to permit KCP and its designees to use your name, likeness, artwork/design, biographical information and city and state address for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in any and all media, now or hereafter developed, including but not limited to on KCP’s website and social media pages, in perpetuity, in any manner, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) or permission from, or notification to, you, and further agree to execute any specific consent needed or requested by KCP or its designees in furtherance of such use.